Apply now! Extended application deadline for the second edition of TANDEM Community & Participation is on Monday 20 October, 2014.
European Cultural Foundation (ECF), the Dutch Cultural Participation Fund (FCP), British Council, the Dutch Centre of Expertise for Cultural Education and Amateur Arts (LKCA) and MitOst e.V. invite cultural organisations to apply for the second round of TANDEM “Community & Participation” (2014-2015).
This exchange programme supports cultural organisations to set up long-term partnerships with peers across the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the UK. Applicants actively promote citizen participation and community engagement through arts and culture. TANDEM Community & Participation started as a pilot programme in 2013, supporting cultural organisations to develop a tailor-made skill-set to deal with the challenges in their changing societies and connect to European communities of practice. The intensive one-year programme includes work placements, a collaborative pilot project, peer-to-peer workshops, expert impulses, study visits and networking.
For the upcoming edition, we are looking for organisations that:
- work in the field of cultural participation and community engagement through the arts
- operate at community level to promote citizen participation in local cultural life
- encourage new forms of community arts and amateur arts
- support creative citizenship engagement, talent development and education
- develop creative solutions for a sustainable development of their city or region
Please apply if your organisation is interested in:
- finding European partners to build long-term partnerships
- investing in knowledge exchange on cutting-edge practices and methodologies
- an open and shared learning process to reflect on current challenges and resources
- experimenting with new and innovative approaches through co-creation
- participating in a growing pan-European network of cultural change makers
Your organisation is eligible if:
- you’re based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany or United Kingdom
- you have sufficient capacity and experience to engage in a one-year intensive international programme
Selected participants receive reimbursement for travel and accommodation costs and a small start-up grant for their TANDEM pilot project. This programme runs from November 2014 to December 2015.
Application deadline is Wednesday 20 October, 2014, 12 pm/noon (CET).
You can find more information on the programme and application procedure on the TANDEM C&P webpage: http://tandemexchange.eu/about-tandem/community-participation/. Or contact the TANDEM C&P coordinator, Jotham Sietsma, at the MitOst office: +49-30-31 51 74 88, firstname.lastname@example.org.