The European Cultural Foundation (ECF) has a performance-based pay system and uses a set of salary scales which have been benchmarked by Berenschot.
ECF’s salary scales are benchmarked against salaries in the Netherlands in public broadcasting, international non-profit, and central government.
Salaries will, in principle, be revised once a year on 1 January, on the basis of the employee’s performance. At the discretion of the Director, ECF may in addition decide to modify the salaries on the basis of the adjusted consumer price index for all households of the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB).
ECF uses a confidential advisor to support employees who are dealing with unwanted behaviours in the workplace.
ECF endorses the principles of the Code Wijffels: ‘Code Goed Bestuur voor Goede Doelen’ (Good Governance for Charities Code).
In line with this, we adhere to the following three principles:
- A clear separation between the roles of:
- a. Management (ECF’s Director)
- b. Supervision (ECF’s Board)
- c. Execution (ECF’s employees)
- Optimising interaction with stakeholders
- Optimising effectiveness and efficiency of expenditure. For more information see.