On Europe Day (9 May), the European Cultural Foundation has presented four outstanding laureates with the ECF Princess Margriet Award for Culture. Have a look at the Media Coverage.
Links to the Idea Camp 2017's Media CoverageRead More
- De gevolgen van directe democratie worden onderschat (Interview with Ivan Krastev), Janne Chaudron in Trouw, 09/04/2016.
- Vrijheid, gelijkheid, broederschap? De macht aan het volk? Weinig van terechtgekomen, Thomas Vanheste in De Correspondent, 25/05/2016.
- Jude Law speelt mee in theatervoorstelling Ivo van Hove in Amsterdam, Hein Janssen in de Volkskrant, 17/05/2016
- Het populisme groeit, de integratie faalt. Kan cultuur Europa binden?, Roderick Nieuwenhuis in NRC, 26/05/2016
- Cultuur als Europese Kracht, Daan van Lent in NRC, 26/05/2016
- 'Kunst kan rol spelen bij politieke verandering in Europa', Michiel Goudswaard in FD, 3/06/2016
- Koolhaas geeft Europa terug tijdens marathoninterview in De Balie, Kirsten Hannema in de Volkskrant, 3/06/2016
- nooit meer slapen met o.a. Roy Villevoye, Robby Müller en Daphne Bunskoek, VPRO, 3/06/2016
- Europa se enfrenta a sus demonios, Borja Hermoso in El País, 3/06/2016
- Looking to the cultural world to solve Europe’s problems, by Nina Siegal in The International New York Times, 8/06/2016
- Idea Camp: del concepto al proyecto de impacto social, Youcoop.org, 7 September 2015
- Ciudad (y) escuela, Coordenadas Radio3, Radio Nacional de España (second half of the podcast, interviewing María G. Perulero from Platoniq/Goteo, and Mae Durant from Pez Estudio (one of the Idea Makers), 7 October 2015
- Monopoly for the people: three strange days at the urbanism 'idea camp', The Guardian, 29 September 2015
- De stad is van ons! Hoe jonge ideeënmakers de gemeenschap willen herontdekken, Tomas Vanneste, De Correspondent, 6 October 2015
- Idea camp i Botkyrka: ”En rörelse på stark tillväxt i hela världen”, DN.se, 15 October 2015
- Book of the Day: Build the City, P2P Foundation, 14 October 2015
- Michel Bauwens on the Commons and the City at the Idea Camp, P2P Foundation, 13 October 2015
- Video: Migrants and their communing, P2P Foundation, 10 October 2015
- Ett citat av sociologen Kenneth Gergen. Det är en förhoppning, ett påstående men på samma gång en fråga, Ylva Rancken-Lutz, 9 October 2015
- European Commoners and New Political Parties challenge Monoculture,Silke Helfrich, 29 September 2015
This article, Kreativiteten gror i krisens Grekland (Creativity grows in crisis Greece) by Hugo Lindkvist has been published on the Swedish daily news site, dn.se, mentioning the Athens Biennale and the ECF Princess Margriet Award for Culture.Read More
On 23 April, ECF was in Leeuwarden – the Cultural Capital of Europe in 2018 – for a discussion based on the New Pact for Europe's second report with local, national and European stakeholders, politicians, opinion makers, entrepreneurs and scientists. The central question of the debate was how to share power, build alliances and establish not only a genuine dialogue, but an equitable distribution of responsibilities between the State, market and the Mienskip (which means ‘community’ in Frisian) at the local, national and European level. Read a report, browse through the image gallery and media coverage of the event, and listen to the full debate.Read More
We've gathered the media coverage about the 2015 ECF Princess Margriet Award for Culture.Read More
The TANDEM Turkey-EU programme successfully realised two rounds in 2011-12 and 2013-14, and was able to bring together 64 cultural managers. It has received wide media coverage across Europe to total 203 news items.
In the frame of the Conflicting Memories, Ukraine: a political crisis from a cultural perspective event on 26 February, we have collected images, audio and video from the event as well as articles written by renown political scientist Ivan Krastev in the Dutch media.Read More
On 31 January, the €urovisions Live performance by European Souvenirs was on the Creative Commons Film Festival programme in Madrid. We have compiled the media coverage in our Library.
Following an open call from The Guardian Witness, looking for stories of involvement or demonstrations to protect public space, our Doc Next Network partner MODE Istanbul has sent their contribution entitled "Imagine it into being", which is now showcased on The Guardian Witness's website. MODE Istanbul has produced this video with Sokak Bizim, a Turkish NGO dedicated to making cities more liveable, as part of the Radical Democracy: Reclaiming the Commons project of Doc Next Network.Read More